What is provided:
- One-on-one support to unemployed/displaced workers, including provision of information and referrals
- Individual and group instruction on job-search skills, including resume writing, on-line job applications, job-seeking strategies, and preparation for job fairs and interviews
- Waterville - Office visits available on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at the KVCAP Waterville office located at 97 Water Street - call Dana Hamilton, Employment Services Coordinator at 859-1584 or 1-800-542-8227 Ext. 1584 to schedule an appointment.
- Office visits are also available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the Waterville Public Library located at 73 Elm St. Call 872-5433 to schedule an appointment.
- Other locations - The Employment Services Coordinator is available to provide workshops and one-on-one support in other locations throughout Northern Kennebec and Somerset Counties, by prior arrangement. Call Dana Hamilton at 859-1584 or 1-800-542-8227 Ext. 1584.
Upcoming Job Fairs:
Job Fair Tips:
Have up to date copies of resume and business cards
Research companies that you are interested in
Be prepared to give a 30-60 second summary of your qualifications/skills
Collect business cards from employers you make contact with and send them “thank you” notes within 48-72 hours after fair
WorkReady Graduates Winter 2012
Ken-Som Transition Team
Serving Kennebec and Somerset Counties
Role of the Team:
- Serves as a provider of information, resources and support to people who have been laid off from work.
- Works closely with Maine Department of Labor’s Rapid Response Team to provide informational workshops and other resources based upon the needs of the workers.
- Maintains an updated Community Resource Guide for Job Seekers
- Assists in the coordination of area job fairs.
- Updates members about job lay-offs in the service area as well as other events, trends and activities that affect job seekers and their families.
Members Include Representatives from:
- Senator Susan Collins’s Office
- Congressman Mike Michaud’s Office
- State and Federal Agencies such as Department of Labor
- Area Municipal offices
- Educational/post-secondary institutions
- Health and Social Service agencies
- Workforce Development and Training organizations