KVCAP offers a suite of parenting and enrichment classes. Browse below to see our full listing.
View the current parenting class schedule.
For more information and to pre-register for any of the classes or groups listed below please contact:
First Five Years
In this series of 4 classes you will learn discipline methods that work, how to prevent tantrums, establishing routines to make life easier, and much more. This class is designed for parents of children from birth-age 5.
Active Parenting Now
This series of six classes combines video, activities and discussion to help parents raise responsible children who are able to resist negative peer pressure. Designed for parents of children ages 5 to 12, the program also demonstrates non-violent discipline techniques and effective encouragement skills.
Active Parenting of Teens and Tweens
For parents of preteens and teens, this 7 session video and discussion program provides parents with the skills needed to use effective discipline, teach responsibility, and communicate with their children. Each session includes information on coping with real life issues teens face.
Cooperative Parenting and Divorce
This video-based 8-week program gives divorcing or separating parents the power to make positive changes that shield their children from parental conflict and guides them into establishing a long-term relationship with the child’s other parents.
- Educates parents on the impact their conflict has on their children
- Explains children’s issues in divorce
- Teaches parents the practical skills they need to manage anger, increase impulse control, resolve conflict and talk to each other without arguing
- Is designed to be the “next step” for parents in counties that require divorce seminars.
Community Nurturing Parenting
This is a free 10-week program tailored to meet the needs and learning styles of anyone parenting a child! The classes focus on and explain:
- Philosophy and Practices of Nurturing
- Ages and Stages of Growth : Infants/Toddlers
- Ways to Enhance Positive Brain Development : Children/Teens
- Communicating with Respect
- Building Self-worth
- Understanding Feelings
- Understanding and Developing Family Morals, Values and Rules
- Praising Children and Their Behavior
- Alternatives to Spanking
- Learning Positive Ways to Deal with Stress and Anger
The Nurturing Fathers Program
A 13-week program tailored to meet the needs and learning styles of any man parenting a child!
The class focuses on the value of fathers and explains:
- The Roots of Fathering
- Nurturing Our Children and Ourselves
- Fathering Sons/Fathering Daughters
- Discipline Without Violence
- Managing Anger/Resolving Conflict
- Teamwork with Spouse/Partner
- Communication/Problem Solving
- Balancing Work and Fathering
- Cultural Influences
- Dealing with Feelings
- The Father I Choose to Be
Nurturing Parenting for Families in Recovery
If you are a parent or caregiver working on your recovery and want to learn more about the effects of substance use on your family, parenting style, and your relationship with your child join us for this FREE 17-week program. You will explore hands on activities along with guided discussions to enhance your self-awareness and increase your ability to relate to your child/children in a safe and supportive environment surrounded by parents and caregivers who share similar life experiences.
This 8 session Nurturing Parenting program is designed for families of children with special needs and health challenges. Participants will explore strategies for communication, positive discipline and encouragement, coping and soothing, and more, while connecting with other caregivers in a supportive environment.
Parenting Support Group
Circle of Parents is a mutual peer support group. We are parents and caregivers supporting and uplifting each other to raise healthy children.