Home Energy Assistance Program
Kennebec Valley Community Action Program offers Fuel Assistance to qualifying households. The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) serves Somerset, Kennebec, Lincoln and Sagadahoc counties providing assistance for income eligible household’s to offset the rising costs of home energy, whether you have wood, electric, gas, or oil heat. The benefit is paid directly to the client’s fuel vendor of choice.
We are offering an online appointment scheduler for the 2019-20 heating season.
Please Click here to book an appointment.
If you have already applied and have questions regarding your application status, please Click Here.
This program has income guidelines. It is important to check to see if you qualify. WE can deduct for proven medical expenses paid as well as other things. Please make and appointment and speak with a HEAP Intake Specialist if you are unsure about whether you may qualify or not.
2019-2020 HEAP/Fuel Assistance Qualifying Guidelines
If you pay court ordered child support, you may be able to deduct the amounts paid from your household’s income.
If your household income is over the HEAP income guidelines, you may be able to deduct a portion of the amount you paid for medical expenses.
You may qualify if you are a renter, renter with heat included, homeowner, subsidized renter, employed or unemployed, or have income earned by wages or other sources.
You MUST bring this information to your appointment:
- Valid/unexpired Government issued photo ID for the primary applicant
- Social Security cards for all household members
- If renting, a current rental/lease agreement
- Current electric bill (can’t be a disconnect notice)
- Proof of all income received during 3 months prior to your appointment or year for all household members
- current social security/SSI/SSD/VA award letter
- pay stubs for ALL pay dates within last 3 months or year
- 2018 tax return and/or profit and loss statement if self-employed
- statement from SNAP/TANF/Unemployment/Worker’s Compensation
- proof of alimony/child support
- proof of rental income
- statements for any pension/retirement/annuity/interest/dividends received
- any other proof of income you may have from odd jobs or other income sources
Each application is different. You may be required to produce other information. If you need more information on where to get these documents, please click HERE
If you want to reduce the amount of time spent at your appointment, CLICK HERE to print and complete the “Permission to Share Information Form” and bring it with you to your appointment. The “Permission to Share Information Form” must be signed by ALL household members over the age of 18.
The most common cause for fuel assistance delays is missing documentation. Please review the list above for what you need to bring to your appointment and make sure you bring everything needed with you or your application will not be processed.
For more information please contact (207) 859-1500 or toll free 1-800-542-8227 ext. 1500 or email email@example.com.