Heating Assistance - LIHEAP
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program - Kennebec Valley Community Action Program offers Fuel Assistance to qualifying households.
We are now scheduling appointments for fuel assistance!
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) serves Somerset, Kennebec, Lincoln and Sagadahoc counties providing assistance for income eligible householdâ€™s to offset the rising costs of home energy, whether you have wood, electric, gas or oil heat. The benefit is paid directly to clientâ€™s fuel vendor of choice.
This Program has income guidelines which change from time to time. It is important to check to see if you qualify.
You may qualify if you are a renter, renter with heat included, homeowner, subsidized renter with heat NOT included, employed or unemployed, or have income earned by wages or other sources.
Phone lines are now open.
Call 207-859-1500 or 1-800-542-8227 to schedule an appointment for the 2014/2015 heating season.
| *OVER 60 OR UNDER 24 MONTHS
|SIZE|| 1 MONTH
|| 3 MONTHS
|| 1 MONTH
|| 3 MONTHS
|For Each Additional Family Member Add:
You must bring the following information with you to your appointment:
1. Proof of ALL HOUSEHOLD INCOME for previous 3 months or 12 months.
2. PHOTO ID for primary applicant (if applicable).
3. SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS for ALL household members.
4. Most recent ELECTRIC BILL and FUEL ACCOUNT NUMBER.
5. If you are a renter, your RENTAL AGREEMENT.
Each application is different. You may be required to produce other information.
* The most common cause for fuel assistance delays is missing documentation. Please review the list above for what you need to bring to your appointment and make sure you bring everything needed with you or your application will not be processed.
Once a household is certified to receive assistance additional programs may be available when funding is available:
- Low Income Assistance Program (LIAP)
- Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP)
- Telephone Assistance Program (TAP)
- Above Ground Storage Tank Replacement Program (AGSTRP)
- Central Heating Improvement Program (CHIP)
- Department of Energy and Home Energy Assistance Program (DOE/HEAPWthz)
If you would like more information, please check out our brochure or call us at (207) 859-1500 or toll free at 1-800-542-8227.