Heating Assistance - LIHEAP
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program - Kennebec Valley Community Action Program offers Fuel Assistance to qualifying households.
The Low Income Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP) serves Somerset, Kennebec, Lincoln and Sagadahoc counties providing assistance for income eligible households to offset the rising costs of home energy, whether you have wood, electric, gas or oil heat. The benefit is paid directly to clients fuel vendor of choice.
This Program has income guidelines which change from time to time. It is important to check to see if you qualify.
You may qualify if you are a renter, renter with heat included, homeowner, subsidized renter with heat NOT included, employed or unemployed, or have income earned by wages or other sources.
Phone lines are now open.
Call 207-859-1500 or 1-800-542-8227 to schedule an appointment for the 2013/2014 heating season.
| *OVER 60 OR UNDER 24 MONTHS
|SIZE|| 1 MONTH
|| 3 MONTHS
|| 1 MONTH
|| 3 MONTHS
|For Each Additional Family Member Add:
What To Bring To Your Fuel Assistance Appointment
When you come to your appointment you will need the following:
1. Social Security numbers and dates of birth for all household members.
2. Your most recent electric and telephone bill.
3. A copy of your fuel bill with name and account number.
4. Name, street address and phone number of your landlord if you are renting.
5. Proof of all gross income for all household members for the previous 3 or 12 months.
6. Proof of all interest income, general assistance and child support for the same time frame as your gross income.
* The most common cause for fuel assistance delays is missing documentation. Please review the list above for what you need to bring to your appointment and make sure you bring everything needed with you or your application will not be processed.
Once a household is certified to receive assistance additional programs may be available when funding is available:
- Low Income Assistance Program (LIAP)
- Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP)
- Telephone Assistance Program (TAP)
- Above Ground Storage Tank Replacement Program (AGSTRP)
- Central Heating Improvement Program (CHIP)
- Department of Energy and Home Energy Assistance Program (DOE/HEAPWthz)
If you would like more information, please check out our brochure or call us at (207) 859-1500 or toll free at 1-800-542-8227.