Health Navigator Program Overview
If you need assistance with applying or re-enrolling for Insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace, KVCAP has Navigators available at no cost. Please call Danielle at 859-1547 for an appointment. (Navigators are unable to take walk-ins.)
- Are trained to provide you with in person assistance to help you apply for and enroll in coverage through the Marketplace, a new way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs.
- Will provide fair and unbiased advice. They are not affiliated with any insurance company and will never try to steer you toward a specific option.
- Can help you access programs that could lower your monthly health premiums and your out-of-pocket costs.
- Can help you understand the difference between the coverage options available to you.
- Will protect your private information and never share it with anybody.
- Services are FREE.
If qualified for a Special Enrollment, in addition to applying in person with the help of a Navigator, there are several ways to get coverage through the Marketplace in Maine:
- Apply online at www.healthcare.gov
- Apply by phone at 1-800-318-2596
- Submit a paper application through the mail
Qualifying life events that create a special enrollment period include:
- Getting married.
- Having, adopting or placement of a child.
- Permanently moving to an area that offers different health plan options
- Losing other health coverage (for example due to a job loss, divorce, loss of eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP, expiration of COBRA coverage, or a health plan being decertified) NOTE: Voluntarily quitting other health coverage or being terminated for not paying your premiums are not considered loss of coverage. Losing coverage that is not minimum essential coverage is also not considered loss of coverage.
- For people already enrolled in Marketplace coverage, having a change in income or household status that affects eligibility for tax credits or cost-sharing reductions.
Connecting Kids to Coverage
Health Insurance is a critical part of staying healthy, providing coverage in case of illness and injury, and keeping your family protected. MaineCare and CHIP offer free or low cost coverage to families based on income. These plans offer a broad set of benefits, including annual physicals, dentist visits, prescriptions, immunizations, and more.
Interested in more information or need help enrolling? We have local experts ready to walk you through the process! Call 207-859-1547.
You may call KVCAP at 1-800-542-8227 and ask to speak to a Health Navigator. Or, to find a Navigator or other certified assistant in your area, visit: www.healthcare.gov or www.enroll207.com or call 2-1-1.