Due to a significant staffing shortage, the Augusta Explorer will be making the following changes effective Tuesday, April 18, 2023.
The Gardiner Route is being reduced to twice a day (Monday—Friday)
- Gardiner Hannaford pick-up at 7:00am
- Downtown Augusta pick-up at 4:00pm to return to Gardiner Hannaford
Intercity runs will remain the same.
(Waterville to Augusta/Augusta to Waterville)
The following scheduled routes will no longer be in operation.
These routes will be replaced by a door-to-door appointment-based service.
- Augusta North
- Health Loop North
- Augusta East
- Augusta West
How does the new Augusta appointment-based service work?
- All transportation is by appointment only.
- 24 hour notice is required to schedule a trip. We will accommodate
real-time, same-day requests ONLY if possible.
- Call Ellie at 859-8500 to schedule your trips. Service is door-to-door
and is only available within the City of Augusta between 7:30am and 3:30pm Monday—Friday.
- Fares of $1.25 one-way remain the same.
- This service is open to the general public.
Are you interested in driving for KVCAP? Click HERE to learn about our current openings.