What is provided:
- One-on-one support to unemployed/displaced workers, including provision of information and referrals
- Individual and group instruction on job-search skills, including resume writing, on-line job applications, job-seeking strategies, and preparation for job fairs and interviews.
- Resources, including the Job Seekers Resource Guide.
- KVCAP Waterville office, located at 97 Water Street – call 859-1547 or 1-800-542-8227 Ext. 1547 to schedule an appointment.
- KVCAP Skowhegan office, located at 26 Mary Street – call Dana Hamilton at 859-2545 or 1-800-542-8227 to schedule an appointment.
- Office visits are also available on Tuesdays from 1:00pm – 5:00pm at the Waterville Public Library located at 73 Elm St. Call 680-2603 to schedule an appointment.
Job Fair Tips:
- Dress professionally
- Have up to date copies of resume and business cards
- Research companies that you are interested in
- Be prepared to give a 30-60 second summary of your qualifications/skills
- Collect business cards from employers you make contact with and send them “thank you” notes within 48-72 hours after fair.
Ken-Som Transition Team
Serving Kennebec and Somerset Counties
Role of the Team:
- Serves as a provider of information, resources and support to people who have been laid off from work.
- Works closely with Maine Department of Labor’s Rapid Response Team to provide informational workshops and other resources based upon the needs of the workers.
- Maintains an updated Community Resource Guide for Job Seekers.
- Assists in the coordination of area job fairs.
- Updates members about job lay-offs in the service area as well as other events, trends and activities that affect job seekers and their families.
Members Include Representatives from:
- Senator Susan Collins’s Office
- State and Federal Agencies such as Department of Labor
- Area Municipal offices
- Educational/post-secondary institutions
- Health and Social Service agencies
- Workforce Development and Training organizations