HomeStartHomeStart combines Early Head Start and Family Child Care into a full-day, full-year, early childhood experience for children 6 weeks to age 4, at a minimal cost to families. Family child care providers, Early Head Start staff, and parents work together as a team to offer each child quality child care, which includes early childhood education, health and nutrition services,parent involvement opportunities, and social services coordination.
For more information, please contact Miriam Dodge at 207-649-7152
The HomeStart option offers:
For your Childâ€¦.
- Individualized programming to meet the needs of all children.
- A safe, nurturing, home environment.
- Health and developmental screenings and appropriate referrals.
- Opportunities to be with siblings in a multi-age setting.
- One continuous caregiver, who is a licensed, quality provider.
- Nutritious snacks and meals.
- Learning through play and age appropriate activities.
- Individualization for children with special needs.
For your Familyâ€¦.
- Year-round, full-day child care.
- When possible, one child care setting for all siblings.
- Opportunities for parent involvement (planning special events, field trips, etc).
- Information and referrals to community resources and Early Head Start consultants.
- Home visits and conferences on your childâ€™s development.
- Information and workshops on healthy living and parenting.
- Input in how the program is operated (Policy Council).
- Streamlined funding to create affordable child care fees, based on a sliding fee scale.