Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
Kennebec Valley Community Action Program offers Fuel Assistance to qualifying households. The Low income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) serves Somerset, Kennebec, Lincoln and Sagadahoc counties providing assistance for income eligible household’s to offset the rising costs of home energy, whether you have wood, electric, gas, or oil heat. The benefit is paid directly to the client’s fuel vendor of choice.
We are offering an online appointment scheduler for the 2018-19 heating season.
If a member of your household is over 60 or under 24 months, please CALL to book your appointment 207-859-1500 or 1-800-542-8227.
All others, please Click here to book an appointment.
This program has income guidelines. It is important to check to see if you qualify.
2017-2018 LIHEAP/Fuel Assistance Qualifying Guidelines
You may qualify if you are a renter, renter with heat included, homeowner, subsidized renter, employed or unemployed, or have income earned by wages or other sources.
You MUST bring this information to your appointment:
- Valid/unexpired Government issued photo ID for the primary applicant
- Social Security cards for all household members
- If renting, a current rental/lease agreement
- Current electric bill (can’t be a disconnect notice)
- Proof of all income received during 3 months prior to your appointment or year for all household members
- current social security/SSI/SSD/VA award letter
- pay stubs for ALL pay dates within last 3 months or year
- 2017 tax return and/or profit and loss statement if self-employed
- statement from SNAP/TANF/Unemployment/Worker’s Compensation
- proof of alimony/child support
- proof of rental income
- statements for any pension/retirement/annuity/interest/dividends received
- pay stubs for all foster care/adoption subsidy received during the time period and;
- any other proof of income you may have from odd jobs or other income sources
Each application is different. You may be required to produce other information. If you need more information on where to get these documents, please click HERE
If you want to reduce the amount of time spent at your appointment, click here to print and complete the two forms titled “Additional Information Questionnaire Form” and “Permission to Share Information Form” and bring them with you to your appointment. The “Permission to Share Information Form” must be signed by ALL household members over the age of 18.