The Home Repair Program provides assistance to income eligible homeowners seeking support to repair health and safety issues in the home. Eligibility is based upon income less than 80% AMI (area median income) and ownership of the home/land in need of repairs. The Home Repair Program provides grants or loan amounts based upon individual or family needs, the program you qualify for, and available funding.
The Home Repair Program is funded by Maine Housing Authority and the Department of Economic & Community Development. This funding provides:
- Home Repair Grants
- Elderly Hardship Grants (age 62 and older)
- Zero-interest, deferred forgivable loans (DECD)
- Well and septic systems
- Heating and electrical system repairs
- Roof and chimney repairs
- Structural repairs
- Lead paint mitigation
- Repair or replacement of windows and doors
- Repair or replacement of siding
- Handicap accessibility improvements
- Other health and safety repairs
For more information please contact Jen at email@example.com or call (207)859-1544 or toll free 1-800-542-8227 ext. 1544.