Together, in partnership with parents, KVCAP and its community child care partners offer full day, full year, high quality child care for infants, toddlers and three year olds at a minimal cost to families in the areas listed below. We team with parents to offer each child quality child care, which includes early childhood education, health and nutrition services, parent involvement opportunities, and social services coordination.
For Your Child:
- Individualized programming to meet the needs of all children.
- Safe, nurturing environments.
- Health and developmental screenings and appropriate referrals.
- Opportunities to be with siblings in a multi-age setting.
- One continuous caregiver, who is a licensed, quality provider.
- Nutritious snacks and meals.
- Learning through play and age appropriate activities.
- Individualization for children with special needs.
For your Family:
- Year-round, full-day child care.
- When possible, one child care setting for all siblings.
- Opportunities for parent involvement (planning special events, field trips, etc.)
- Information and referrals to community resources and consultants.
- Home visits and conferences on your child’s development.
- Information and workshops on healthy living and parenting.
- Input on how the program is operated.
- Streamlined funding to create affordable child care fees, based on a sliding fee scale.
Family Child Care Providers Located In:
For more information on any of these programs, or for questions about availability at these sites, please contact Miriam Dodge at 859-1621.